Mandate / Aims for Climate Change and Disaster Resilience
1. Active engagement in climate research, documenting farmers’ knowledge, experiences and perceptions on climate change and how they cope with the change.
2. Introducing adaptation to climate change based on climate scenario, particularly in the field of agriculture and water.
3. Promoting energy efficiency at domestic level.
4. Strengthening community-based early warning systems strengthened through climate forecast application.
5. Building capacities on climate change concepts and mechanisms provided under UNFCCC (government, NGOs).
6. Active engagement in disaster risk reduction measures (while most of the disasters have been hydrological in nature due to climate variability) using structural and biological means.
7. Building capacities in communities for coping with disasters efficiently and effectively (preparedness).
8. Providing institutional support to Government in climate research and building capacity of government staff at various levels.
Location of activity at Provincial Level
KPK / FATA
Location of activity at District Level
KPK / FATA
Current Projects contributing to Climate Change
1. Building Back Better (BBB) Project 2015-2018
i) Interventions include; rehabilitation of irrigation and drinking water schemes, farm to market roads/culverts,
ii) Construction of protection structures for villages and schemes,
iii) Construction of model latrines specially designed for persons with disabilities,
iv) Reclamation/restoration of flood 2010 effected land and awareness regarding livestock vaccination
v) Pumping out stagnant water
vi) Capacity building on WASH (with particular focus on health and hygiene).
2. Climate Scenarios 2011-2040
DISTRICTS HARIPUR, SWABI, ATTOCK AND CHAKWAL PAKISTAN
http://(http://www.intercooperation.org.pk/admin/uploads/publications/climate/1512725923Climate%20Scenarios%20Hari,Swabi, Attock, Chakwal%202014.pdf)
3. Hazards and Coping Strategies
A CASE STUDY FROM CHITRAL VALLEY PAKISTAN